REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Preventions Works! Parent Education, Advocacy, Services & Support Committee (PEASS) is seeking an independant contractor or contractors to offer parenting support for parents of middle and/or high school students in Clallam County.
PEASS has heard there are limited services supporting parents of teens and is interested in conducting a limited pilot program with a small fund. PEASS is seeking an independent contractor or contractors to offer a series of 7 monthly support groups each in Sequim, Port Angeles, and Forks for parents of middle school and/or high school students between the ages of 11 – 15/16. Each support group will be driven by parent / group needs and may include the following topics plus others: substance abuse, talking back, compliance with rules, setting rules, sexuality, grades, kids they hang out with, etc. PEASS is looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Prefer an MSW Counseling degree, or relevant experience
- Experience working with families with students in the middle to high school age range
- Experience working with at risk populations, cultural sensitivity, communication skills
- Ability to hold sessions at a time that meets parents’ schedules; this may include evenings or weekends.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Independent Contractor(s) will:
- Work independently and under the oversight of the PEASS Task Group
- Hold a series of 7 support group meetings for parents of teens ages 11 to 16 for the duration of 2016 Sequim, Port Angeles, and Forks
- Market availability of support groups to the community with the help of Preventions Works and PEASS members
- Track numbers of participants at each session, themes discussed and solutions recommended
- Provide a final summary to PEASS Task Group on how the contractor made efforts to recruit participants, numbers who participated, any outcomes or changes in behavior reported as a result of the sessions, and any other information which may be helpful to future grant writing.
- For services rendered, Prevention Works! PEASS shall compensate the Contractor at $400 for each community in which services are delivered
- Payments for completed sessions shall be made no more frequently than monthly.